Monday, July 25, 2005

No nursing skills, no M.D., but I can talk. Sometimes that's the best "skill" as an ER volunteer. Yesterday an elderly couple I know came in. He had backed the car down the driveway right into her. (She was looking into the street instead of watching for him.) She was all banged up, and he was a nervous wreck. Aside from blankets for her and water for him, there wasn't much I could do but "be there." He told me today that my presence, and ability to banter with him, was the single most important factor in his being able to keep it together. You just never know. Get out there and do something, folks, anything!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

I'm goin'! I swear!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah Bott said...

You are my role model!
ps, it's about time you wrote something new!!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Silver Streak said...

I hope Harold Gonzo 7647, who left that obscenely long, uninvited comment, gets an extremely long splinter up his Energy and Asset Technology.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home